In order to keep our Learners, Families, and Staff well…
- If your learner registers a temperature higher than normal (normal usually being 98.6), we will consider this to be a fever that is likely to be contagious. The learner can return to school 24 hours after no fever and receiving no medication.
- When there is vomiting or diarrhea. Note: Learner must be free from these symptoms for 24 hours before returning to school.
- For infections requiring a doctor’s prescription, please keep your learner home 24 hours after beginning an antibiotic.
- For all other illnesses, the learner may return to school if free from symptoms for 24 hours, if the learner’s behavior indicates that he or she is feeling well.
- If a case of lice is suspected/found, a designee from the school will check the learner for head lice. If lice is found the learner will be restricted from activities involving close contact or sharing personal items with other learners until treated. The learner will be sent home and may not return to school until they are nit free.